Mulberry’s Property Owners Policy provides exceptional protection. Our clients benefit from a superior policy wording backed by one of the world’s leading risk carriers. Combined with our underwriter’s expertise we can produce a tailored policy to suit specific requirements for complete protection of your property portfolio.
In partnership with Ergo/Munich RE our policies provide exceptional protection and benefits:
- Speed – valuable assets protected immediately
- Enhanced policy wording – superior and not normally available
- Competitively structured premiums – reduce risk budget
- Significant added value – removal of back-office admin including tenant premium recovery and full claims handling service
- Fully stress-tested – approved by majority of UK lenders
- Strong and stable – AA credit rating
- Unrivalled level of service proven by our exceptionally high client retention
- Complete protection for industrial, commercial and residential portfolios including pre and post construction risks
- Robust insurance auditing and due diligence for landlords and tenants
- Expert claims and risk management
- Premium collection facilities
- Tenant insurance certificates
- Captive insurance programmes
- Global insurance solutions for overseas assets
INSURING HOTELS WITH A VALUE IN EXCESS OF £430 MILLION
A client purchasing 16 Hilton Hotels engaged our services to complete due diligence. We reviewed the insurance provisions of the finance agreements for the sale, lease and operational agreements. We negotiated removal of the insurance arrangements from Hilton International’s own programme providing a seamless insurance proposition and service. The insured value was in excess of £440 million.
INSURING A HOTEL PORTFOLIO OF £1.5 BILLION
On behalf of The Royal Bank of Scotland, we initially completed due diligence to review the insurance provisions of the finance agreements for the sale of 42 Marriott hotels. Having successfully completed the due diligence, we provided insurance solutions that satisfied the different and complex insurance requirements under the finance, lease and operational agreements. We negotiated removal of the insurance arrangement from the Marriott Insurance programme providing a seamless insurance proposition and service for our client.
SATISFYING INSURANCE EXPOSURE FOR CAR DEALERSHIPS
On behalf of The Royal Bank of Scotland, we completed due diligence on the insurance arrangements for VW/Audi dealership properties. As a result of our extremely detailed audit, gaps were identified in the insurance requirements under the finance agreement and the lease. Our insurance policy eliminated the existing insurance exposure and provided ongoing monitoring of the insurance arrangements to ensure continued compliance.
FEELING GOOD ABOUT INSURANCE
We undertook an audit of the cost of the landlord’s insurance on more than 2,500 properties leased by Boots. Our service included the negotiation of the level of the landlord’s insurance premiums under each lease. Our audit resulted in substantial savings in the annual costs paid to landlords over the retail portfolio.
REDUCING COSTS FOR A MAJOR SUPERMARKET
We were engaged to undertake an audit of the landlord’s insurance charge on a major distribution centre. The audit included a detailed analysis of the landlord’s insurance arrangements and review of the insurance costs. We highlighted improvements to the property that resulted in the landlord reducing insurance costs by £130,000.
CASH AND CARRY SATISFACTION
We provided an audit of the landlord’s insurance charges for Booker and negotiated substantial savings on their retail locations. The audit enabled Booker to insure the properties under a tailored scheme designed by Mulberry Insurance.
RESOLVING LONG RUNNING DISPUTES
We were engaged to audit the landlord’s insurance charges on our client’s nightclubs. One particular property had been subject to a lengthy dispute between the landlord and our client. Our extensive underwriting expertise allowed us to resolve the dispute in favour of our client and achieve a substantial premium reduction.